Preparation time: 3 hours
Number of servings: 4
Pot diameter: 22 cm
- 35 g of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 400 g light spelled flour + a few tablespoons for sprinkling
- 200 g wholegrain spelled flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 500 ml of water
- Mix yeast thoroughly with 3 tablespoons of water and sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt and pour in the dissolved yeast. Mix everything by adding water. The dough will be quite runny. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours - or overnight in the fridge.
- If the dough has risen in the fridge overnight, take it out for about an hour to warm to room temperature. Then we mix the dough (it will sink again, this is correct)
- Put the cast iron pot with a diameter of 22 cm (with a lid) into the oven and heat the oven together with the pot to 240 degrees C.
- Take out the pot, sprinkle it quite thoroughly with flour and pour the dough. Move the top lightly with a knife to make an incision and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of flour.
- Put the pot in the oven and bake uncovered for 5 minutes, then bake covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the bread from the pot and cool on a wire rack.
Be sure to let us know in the comments how you did! Enjoy your meal!