Preparation time: 1.5 hours
Number of servings: 6
- 1.5 cups grated carrots
- 1 sour apple
- grated orange peel (from 1 orange)
- 1 cup of flour (e.g. Basia cake flour)
- 1 cup of xylitol
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (tasteless and odorless)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange peel, cinnamon and gingerbread spice. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and add oil.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the eggs with sugar and pour into the dough. Mix everything again.
- Finally, add the carrot pulp and finely grated apple. Mix everything thoroughly again.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line the round mold with baking paper, then pour the dough into the mold and put it in the preheated oven. We bake our cake at 180 degrees C for about 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, check with a toothpick if the cake is ready - if it is wet, leave the cake in the oven and check it every 5 minutes using the same method. You can sprinkle the whole thing with powdered sugar for extra sweetness.
Be sure to let us know in the comments how you did! Enjoy!