Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 shallot onions
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 10 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 small chilli
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of powdered coriander
- 1 small zucchini
- 800 g drained canned chickpeas (2 cans)
- 800 ml of coconut milk (2 cans)
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 200 g Greek yogurt to serve
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of black cumin
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- We are preparing flatbreads. Mix the flour with salt, nigella and yoghurt, making a smooth, elastic dough. Wrap in cling film and leave at room temperature.
- Dice the onion, chop the garlic, ginger and chilli pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron pot. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, and after 2 minutes add the turmeric, coriander and cumin - fry for 30 seconds.
- Add zucchini cut into half slices, after a minute add chickpeas, and after a while pour coconut milk and salt to taste. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Then add shredded kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Divide the flatbread dough into 6 smaller parts, roll each of them to a thickness of about 0.5 cm into an oval shape. Heat the pan well and fry the flatbreads in a dry frying pan one by one, about 30-60 seconds on each side, until they are golden brown. Dahl is served with flatbreads, fresh coriander, pomegranate and Greek yoghurt.
Be sure to let us know in the comments how you did! Enjoy!